A Properly-Installed RPS Metal Roof Is The Cool Choice For Comfortably Beating The Florida Heat.
- According to Fixr.com, a metal roof will lower summer cooling costs up to 40%!
- Unlike traditional asphalt shingles which tend to absorb heat, today’s energy-efficient metal roofing materials act like a mirror and reflect the heat from the sun away from your home or office building.
- Under testing, white or light-colored metal roofs measured 67% reflectivity. This can mean a 50° F drop in roof temperature.
- Leaving dead space and installing rigid foam insulation along with your metal roof can help maximize your savings.
- In addition to making your home environment more comfortable, metal roofs are good for the overall environment since they contain 25-95% recycled content.
- Also, metal roofs are 100% recyclable at the end of use as roofs unlike asphalt roof shingles, which generate up to 20 billion pounds of waste per year when they’re replaced.
- More durable and longer lasting than asphalt shingles, and much less expensive than slate, concrete and clay tiles, metal roofs are your best choice for energy savings!