A Properly-Installed RPS Metal Roof Brings Peace of Mind Because It Won’t Spark Or Flame.
- Properly-installed metal roofs are inherently fire-resistant and will not spark or flame if burning embers from a nearby fire should land on them. (Gaps in or around the roofing, however, can create a fire hazard regardless of the fire-rating of the actual roofing material, so proper installation and regular inspections are critical.)
- Class ratings for fire resistance depend on both the material and the installation’s compliance with the appropriate building codes.
- Replacing wood shingles with a metal roof may lower your insurance premiums. (Consult your insurance agent.)
- A metal roof does not attract lightning.
- The light weight of a metal roof can help keep it from caving in if a fire starts inside your home.
See how a metal roof can also save you money and worries in lasting performance, lower maintenance costs, and cooling costs.