Fixing or replacing your roof is one of the most significant investments you will make as a homeowner. Therefore it is crucial to understand all of the options available to you. While asphalt shingles are one of the most common materials currently used in residential roofing, that doesn’t mean that this is the best and only option.
There are many reasons why a shingle roof can put you at a disadvantage, including:
- Asphalt shingle roofing, in particular, absorbs heat from the sun and transfers it into the home. In contrast, on colder nights, it transfers heat away from your home, leaving your interior much cooler.
- Asphalt shingle is a heavier material compared to others such as metal.
- The durability of a shingle roof isn’t as long compared to other roofing materials. They are easily outlasted by slate, metal, and tile and last an average of 15 to 30 years.
- Shingle roofing is much more susceptible to heat damage.
- If you live in a particularly wet area, you are likely to encounter mildew problems. This is caused by excess moisture, which can cause the shingles to rot quickly and cause other damage.
- Shingle roofs are also more susceptible to algae and mold.
- Strong winds can easily tear or uplift shingles off, making them susceptible to damage from high winds. Tree branches and other debris blowing in the wind can also cause substantial damage a lot easier in comparison to different types of roofing.
Are you facing one or a number of these issues? Call for a local roof inspection as soon as possible. Now might also be the perfect time to think about a roof replacement. If you need a new roof to keep your house safe and sound, metal roofing is the ideal alternative option to consider.
Sleek and sophisticated in appearance, metal roofs come in a wide range of colors and styles to perfectly match the look of your home and neighborhood and are available as tiles, panels or shingles.
While other roofs quickly wear and tear with age, unlike asphalt shingle roofing, it’s metal alternative gives you the benefit of proven performance expectation of at least 50+ years, giving you more for your money. They are also fire-resistant and energy-efficient, reflecting solar heat to keep your home cooler and more comfortable in the summer, lowering your energy bills while weighing less to preserve the structural integrity of your property.
Unlike asphalt shingles, metal roofs require less overall maintenance and are tough. The natural properties of metal, and interlocking panels, provide maximum natural resistance to the many numbers of forces that can lead to roof damage such as high wind and rain.
With great options existing for nearly every budget, metal roofs offer a plethora of benefits to allow homeowners to upgrade with high-quality products of long-lasting value that are also recyclable and friendly to the environment.
Re-roofing your home is a big project, so it’s important to select the right manufacturer and contractor for the job. Here at RPS Metal Roofing, we offer top quality metal roofs in various sizes and colors, alongside state-of-the-art-equipment, and are here for all of your metal roofing needs, for the best roofing possible.